Building your own home is an intriguing challenge, it takes a lot of discipline, both in terms of your time and finances to get it right. Many prospective self-builders want to know how they can keep costs down and stop them from spiralling out of control, which so often happens on build projects. It’s difficult and challenging but it can be done with the correct professionals.
There isn’t a “One plan fits all” solution and every new build should be tailored around clients’ specific requirements and adapted to the site and surroundings. RJM are experts in this and will provide bespoke solutions to make best use of aspects of the site, for example, the way the sun falls, how open it is to neighbouring views and the topography of the site. RJM will also advise on how to get the most for your money and what aspects of the build to spend it most wisely on.
RJM can provide the following services, although this list is not inclusive, and will tailor their involvement in the project based on your requirement. A comprehensive fee quote will be provided following the initial, no obligation, meeting.
• Initial, no obligation, meeting to discuss ideas and your specific requirements.
• Provide proposals with various options for you to choose from.
• Take you through the planning and building warrant process, liaising with local authorities and other professionals on your behalf.
• Put the project out to tender for multiple contractors to price.
• Advise on the best contractors to use for each project.
• Project management of build on site through to completion, including administering building contracts.